- Engineering Standards and Productions:: Develops familiarity by reading, understanding, applying advanced engineering knowledge to projects and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems and the company’s concepts, policies and procedures. Effectively plans and executes assigned projects; utilizes thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques. Assessing locations to ensure they are suitable for solar panels while installing and maintaining solar panels on homes, business environments or open land, and connecting solar panels to an electrical system. Ensuring all equipment ordered works to its specifications, wiring systems are safe and efficient, continuous checks to ensure the plant performs to its specifications while creating and carrying out all test procedures.
- Quality/Continuous Improvement: Develops an understanding and complies with Greenfield’s Energy’s quality program while making suggestions to improve work processes. Supports continuous improvement and monitoring work to ensure quality, and continuously promoting quality. Participates in efforts to define new components, products or processes and identify technical challenges.
- Project Coordination: Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design. Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to own or other groups. Ability to work in teams and flexible enough to adapt to any contingency Shares information with others as requested
- Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client’s main interests and drivers May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
- Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Non-Technical Skills: Enthusiasm and the willingness to learn and follow instructions Quick at completing tasks as there are many projects to be carried out within a short period of time. Problem Solving and analytical thinking skills Good attention to detail Written Communications Ability to work well with others Ability to remain calm in stressful situations Excellent planning and organization skills Strong interpersonal skills and some experience working with Clients. Preferred Technical Skills: Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline Basic industry knowledge and technology trends Basic knowledge of company quality program Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
- Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of five credits or better in grade 12 GCE results. Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or any other relevant field. Knowledge of MS OFFICE is essential.
We are a reputable Solar Energy Company that provides sustainable means for a safer and cleaner environment. We provide renewable energy projects, solar technologies and renewable solutions. We believe that the unique skills and experiences of our professionals is what generates real value. The interchange of ideas from diverse individuals with different skill sets gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
We are seeking an electrical engineer with preferably a minimum of two years experience with in solar systems especially in the installing and servicing of solar panels.